LEADERS! TEACHERS! PARENTS!
Get your young people involved! With all young people off school and unit meeting suspended for the time being, what better time to get creative and design a new badge for our collection? You could win a set of FREE badges for your unit or family! Simply decide which entry form you wish to use by clicking on the buttons below. One is for designing a new adventure for the world’s most famous bear (Rik) or design your own badge completely from scratch! Good luck! 🙂
1. Deadline for Entries
The deadline for entries to be received will be 12 o’clock midnight on 30th June.
To be eligible for the ‘Pawprint Badges Design Competition’, you must be a young person aged 5 to 25 years (inclusive).
Entrants may submit a maximum of 1 design. The winning designs will be selected based on their merits and concept; a developed drawing skill is not essential.
Entries must be supplied either via post by printing the Entry Form and sending your completed entry to: Pawprint Family, Unit 5 The Portal, Elmhurst Business Park, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 8EX.
Alternatively, you can scan your completed entry form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries submitted in any other way will not be accepted. No proof of receipt will be given for entries. There can be only one named entrant per entry form.
5. Terms and Conditions of Entry
- There is no fee to enter the competition.
- Closing date for receipt of all entries is 12.00 midnight on 30th June.
- This competition is open to all young people aged 5 to 25 years (inclusive).
- No responsibility can be accepted for incorrectly completed entry forms or those that are illegible or corrupted. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- All correctly completed entries will be placed before the judging panel, which will select 3 winning designs and from these 1 overall winner.
- The 3 winning designs will be announced on the Pawprint Family website and Social Media on 1st August.
- The winning entrants will be contacted via email/phone no later than 31st July and will receive their prizes no later than 1st November.
- Entry Forms will not be returned and Pawprint Family accept no responsibility for the loss of entries or submissions by post or email.
- The winning designs will be the ones that, in the opinion of the judges, are best suited to being created in badge form with a strong concept and design idea.
- The 3 winning entries will all receive a one-off Pawprint Family t-shirt featuring their design. The overall winner will also receive a set of up to 30 challenge badges of their choice for their unit and see their design be produced as the latest badge for sale on the Pawprint Family website.
- The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Events may occur that render the design competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible/delayed due to reasons beyond the control of Pawprint Family. As such, Pawprint Family may, at its absolute discretion, vary or amend the competition and the terms thereof and the winners agree that, in such event, no liability shall attach itself to the business, provided that any substituted prize shall be of no lesser value.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Pawprint Family logos and the Entry Form supplied are the property of Pawprint Family. Entrants’ use of any material comprised in the Entry Form, including the items listed in the previous sentence, is limited to use in respect of this competition only. No further use shall be permitted without Pawprint Family’s prior written consent.
- By submitting an entry, you grant to Pawprint Family worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable licence to use, electronically reproduce, distribute, publish, alter and adapt any information or material submitted as part of an entry into the competition in any and all media.
- Entrants agree to waive any moral rights they may have in any material submitted as part of an entry.
- By submitting an entry you accept these terms and conditions.
- Pawprint Family reserves the right, but not the obligation, to publish any entry, including on their website and social media. Entrants acknowledge that the nature of the internet means that such entries will be available to be viewed worldwide.
- Each entrant agrees that his/her entry is original, their wholly owned creation and made without the inclusion of material owned by any third party. Entrants will keep Pawprint Family harmless from any claims in relation to their entry alleging that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person.
- Pawprint Family will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by Pawprint Family for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- Pawprint Family may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in the owner’s sole opinion) or who, in the owner’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the competition, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of Pawprint Family.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of the same shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claims arising out of or in connection with this promotion.
Pawprint Family: Unit 5 The Portal, Elmhurst Business Park, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 8EX acting on behalf of themselves.
Design Competition 2019
Congratulations to the winners of our 2019 Design Competition!
Recipients are as follows:
1ST Prize: Teddy Johnson, Age 5
2nd Prize: Amiee Naylor, Age 12
Making Sense of Your Senses
3rd Prize: Elizabeth Weeks, Age 7, 29th Warrington Rainbows/22nd Warrington Brownies
Rik Bear Gardening Challenge
Commendation also goes to:
Meg H (Age 9), 6th Lichfield Brownies
Rik Bear Explorer
Ebony, Age 8
Rik Bear Movie Challenge
Mikeala Dymond, Age 9
Rik Bear Chef
Bryn Barlow, Age 7, Abergavenny Beavers
Rik Bear Litter Picker Challenge
Storm, Age 7, 2nd March Beavers
April Fool’s Badge
Lotty Wheeler, Age 11, 1st North Mendip Scouts
Charlie Jones, Age 12, 1st Chells Guides
The Mythology Badge
Neve Gatley, Age 11
Katie Humphrey, Age 20
Dancing Divas / Dance the Night Away Badge
Artyom Bublchuck, Age 13, 144th Glasgow Scouts
Hard- Working, Successful, Responsible, Loyal Badge
Caitlin Turner, Age 16, 1st Linton Rangers
Jemma, Age 19, 18th Slough
Harvest Festival Badge
In 2019 we had over 600 entries to whittle down to just 3 winners. Again we were astonished by the quantity and quality of the entries we received. The breadth of ideas made it difficult to choose a winner but we hope you’ll agree that the winners are well deserved!
Our 3 winners each receive a t-shirt featuring their winning design and as part of their prize, Teddy will see his badge produced into a real Pawprint Badge (launched in January 2020) with his family also receiving a set of badges too!
If you missed out and want a chance to see your design become the next Pawprint Badge, download your entry forms now and get designing for your chance to win our Design Competition 2020. For all the latest news and updates subscribe to the Tribe News below.