Business & Customer Support Administrator
Pawprint Family are looking for a fun, engaging and passionate individual to join our small family business. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing support services to the business and our customers to ensure efficient running of the business and its processes.
The role will be in-house working at our offices based just outside of Lichfield.
Who are we?
Pawprint Family are a small family run business supporting thousands of leaders, teachers and parents across the UK and beyond in helping to deliver fun, adventure and reward. We currently have over 11,000 free activity ideas, resources, treasure hunts and children’s stories and hope to develop this to the next level as our team grows to continue to be the market leader in our industry.
What are your responsibilities?
Your role will flex with the needs of the business on a day-to-day basis. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to customer enquiries and emails to ensure they receive the very best experience when dealing with Pawprint Family
- Helping customers and stake holders with queries over the phone and by email, signposting to other partners as necessary
- Prioritising and managing your daily workload in a dynamic, fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Preparing documentation and labels for packing orders
- Bookkeeping and financial record support including preparation of financial reports for stakeholders
- Preparation of sales and website data for analysis by different team members.
- Liaise with customers and stakeholders to ensure projects meet expected deadlines
- Data entry for a variety of purposes across the business
- Organise travel arrangements and support with event planning and execution
- Support individuals with a range of administrative tasks to allow them to deliver within their roles across the business
- Support the team with other tasks, which enables the smooth running of a small business. Examples would include (but not limited to); order packing; attending events; answering the office phone
We need you to…
- Be a proactive individual who is able to identify opportunities to improve business processes and deliver them in a timely manner
- Have a high attention to detail and uphold yourself to the highest standards
- Be passionate about great quality service and working together as a team
- Communicate effectively with the team, customers and our external partners
- Be organised and efficient within your role to maximise your potential
- Track and manage projects to ensure deadlines are met and timescales maintained in line with partner and customer expectations
- Understand the industry and demographics we support and be passionate about our mission
- Be supportive of our values as a business and as a family
- Like puppies (Alfie will happily be your friend)
It would be nice for you to…
- Have experience of delivering activities to young people in either an education or voluntary setting
- Have worked in an office environment in a previous role
- Have experience working in or with an administrative role
- Full-time, Permanent
- £18,000-£20,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Monday – Thursday
- 8.30am to 4.30pm
Expected Start Date
- Immediate start/as soon as possible
- Holidays – 4 Weeks + 8 Bank and Public Holidays (Inclusive of 2 weeks Christmas Shutdown)
- 5% Company Pension
- On-site free parking
- Casual dress
- External independent counselling services
- External independent HR services
- A Level (required)
- Degree (preferred)
If you would like to make a real difference within the Education, Voluntary and Family communities, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Covering letter to better describe you as an individual and how you could fit into the team
This role is currently accepting applications until we fill the position.